1. All the articles submitted for consideration and corresponding to the subject area of the Journal undergo a mandatory peer review for the purpose of being assessed from an expert point of view and checked for plagiarism.
2. The list of articles submitted is considered by the Editor in Chief of the Journal on a weekly basis for their preliminary assessment and appointment of reviewers. The members of the Editorial Advisory Panel and the Editorial Board as well as invited experts act as reviewers. At the direction of the Editor in Chief, the Senior Editor of the Journal or another editorial staff member submits the material for review by an expert who deals with issues (problems or research) on the subject of the article reviewed and has had publications on the given topic during the past three years. The time period of review is specified by the Editor in Chief.
3. Peer review is anonymous for both the reviewer and the author. Reviewers are notified that the articles submitted to them represent an intellectual property of the authors and refer to confidential information.
4. Reviewers should sign the reviews sent to the Editorial Office specifying their job position, academic degree, academic title, full name, and the current date.
5. The review should meet the following requirements and contain:
– contain judgements about the conformity of the aarticle’s content with the topic in the title, the authenticity of the material, its novelty and urgency, the extent to which the issue has been examined, and the consistency and validity of the author's findings;
– contain a reasonable explanation of criticisms (when applicable);
– conclusions, along with recommendations either for publishing the article in the Journal or publishing it after the author makes corrections to the text taking into account the comments of the reviewer, or for refusal of publication.
6. The reviews are kept in the Editorial Office for five years and provided to the authors upon their written request as well as the corresponding request made to the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation upon a corresponding request without disclosing information about the reviewers.